I suggest you ...

Make the Description Limit Exceeded warning less disruptive.

As you might see from my title, I tend to use up my maximum number of characters. However, when you reach the limit in a description, it launches a warning window, and then puts your cursor at the beginning of the description. I'd suggest something more like Twitter, that allows you to fill an additional buffer so you can finish your thought and then go back and edit it down once you're done. Don't let someone publish a suggestion until they get down below the character limit. But don't disrupt their writing so severely as soon as they go over.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    pastorbuhro shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian McNarry commented  · 

I've had it happen a couple times when it gives the warning, and without thinking I've hit backspace to re-format the last paragraph to get it under the limit, causing the browser to go back and loose what I've typed. I wouldn't mind a larger limit too. Sometimes you need more than 750 characters if you've got multiple points.

• jhcuatro commented  · 

It has not only disrupted my comment but deleted it all together when that limit is hit, so that really hurts!! :( especially when it happens more than once!!! very discouraging! *whine*

Feedback and Knowledge Base